On today’s show we talked about the Austin Reuse Directory. The Austin Reuse Directory is a project from the Austin EcoNetwork, supported by Austin Resource Recovery, designed to make it as easy as possible for Austinites to find a second home for everyday items. Reuse saves items from the landfill and makes them available to your neighbors, who in turn, can use them again!
Our guests were:
- Rebekka Adams – Bloomers and Frocks : a local vintage thrift store.
- Liza Wilson – Toybrary: like a library, but for toys!
- Terry Cole – Austin Street Youth Ministry a (nonprofit organization that serves homeless young people in Austin)
- Rick Lacey – Rick’s Refills: he refills printer cartridges, so people don’t have to throw them away.
- Christopher Moken – Program Director with Re-Mat: it is a nonprofit organization dedicated to mattress recycling in Texas.
All of our guests run local reuse businesses or nonprofits that are listed on the Austin Reuse Directory.